5.22.2008

we had cherrios for a cheery day...

It may be gloomy... rainy... flipping cold outside today...
BUT i feel like a piggy ready to take flight!
There will be a little shindig this morning at the school...
and then s... s.... s... oh yeah...SUMMER!
We are all giddy... plain silly this morning!

Isn't my flying pig SOOOO fun!
Would you believe that yesterday the landscapers
were here to start planting trees... shrubs & such and it
started raining! We live in the dessert!!!
It never rains here... never! crazy!
Of course I had to stick piggy in the ground right away!
Another reason to smile... the show goes on...
we will be getting our sod... rock & such this week!
oh yeah... oh yeah

okay... one funny tidbit!
At night Campbell always like to say something sweet to me
before bed. It can be as great & simple as
"mama, i love you"... "mama, you're the best mama"!
Last night she says...
"i will never let go of my heart that has your name on it"
sooo sweet! sooo sweet!
So then little bit chimes in & says...
"mama, i will never let my jacket go in the wind"
priceless! too good!

So today...
may we all wear fun on our hearts & really take flight!

16 comments:

Amy said...

So sweet! I hope you all enjoy your Thursday! You've been looking forward to it all week...

Here's to Summer!! (and a little rain!)

April said...

sugar sweet those things that kids say....Thank God for kids...and rain....and SUMMER !!!!

melissa ellen parker said...

Oh my gosh - my heart just melted! I'll never let my jacket go in the wind either! Or my heart with your name on it.

Sounds like your week is full of good stuff!

Okay, I'm super smiling now that I read your blog :)

Gordostyle said...

OMG! That is the sweetest! You need to frame both of those little quotes by your little ones and hang it up to remind you on your toughest days! So darn sweet! I love it!

Smiles,
Jen

Gordostyle said...

OMG! That is the sweetest! You need to frame both of those little quotes by your little ones and hang it up to remind you on your toughest days! So darn sweet! I love it!

Smiles,
Jen

Gordostyle said...

OMG! That is the sweetest! You need to frame both of those little quotes by your little ones and hang it up to remind you on your toughest days! So darn sweet! I love it!

Smiles,
Jen

Gordostyle said...

Ok... sorry that posted so many times! It was being difficult and wasn't working so I kept submitting! Oops!

melissa ellen parker said...

I hope you whipped up on that tornado that made its way a bit too close to the BEF den for my liking....

Lemme know, I'm praying for you all and everyone in the area!

MamaMia said...

I celebrate summer with you!

Those sweet sayings definitely belong in the memory book...too cute.

Happy landscaping!!

Simply Me... said...

Carissa, I'm hoping your not by that bad weather! Please let me know, I'm worried about you.


Lanny:)

Dancing Queen said...

PRECIOUS!!!

now please, please send some of those cooler temperatures our way...we're burning up down here already!

happy summer for sure...1 child down, 1 to go!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww... too cute!! Hug those girls for me please. :) ~Jill

Carin said...

"...I will never let my jacket go in the wind..."

oh, I am smiling.

that is the stuff that makes life so wonderful.

(thanks for the hugs the other day...I think I felt them :o))

Gini said...

carissa - hope all is well with your wacky weather! what a great post. you should definitely put those sayings into some sort of keepsake. how cool for her to look back on that when she's older.

The Queen's Castle said...

Girl, I "BE" missing you & those 2 little cuties. Tell Princess & Little Bit that my girls 'BE' missing them too!

xoxoxoxo

Honorary Indian said...

Out of the mouths of babes. Those precious words will stay with you forever.

My 5 year old said to me yesterday, "Mommy, I'm tired of walking. My feet ran out of gas!"

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!

Love your flying pig! Oh, I get it..."When PIGS FLY!" CUTE!