12.15.2008

the numbers 1 and 10...

  We were inside... bundled up watching Christmas movies...
when Gretel (our dog) rang the bell to go outside...
she needed to go potty... 
Campbell turned on the patio light to let her out AND...
SNOW...
it was SNOWING! 

It was like candy... THE GOOD KIND... falling from the sky...
the girlies screamed so loudly i think the area wildlife CRINGED!
It was EXCITEMENT at it's PUREST form!
Nuts... cuckoo... crazy... wild... bonkers... they were BEAMING!
   IMG_0550 IMG_0590

IMG_0631 

"look mama... a snowflake"... that sure is one BIG flake :)

IMG_0610

she stood there FOREVER... could not believe SHE made a snow angel... in total awe

IMG_0704-1

back at it the next morning...

IMG_0706

IMG_0714

IMG_0735 

12-14-9

she would gather up arm loads of snow and come throw them at me...

IMG_0725-1

while i was right INSIDE... WARM... and sipping on this goodness... WITH whip cream

IMG_0743-1

meet "Tom Harry"... oh the names they come up with!

It was a simple weekend here at the fox den...
we DID have a couple shopping adventures...
good golly... ADVENTURES for sure...
i have learned i cannot "concentrate"... focus on what i need to do...
with the hubby & kiddos in tow...
dare i say... they were "in the way"!
i like to move FAST... get 'er done... not a lot was getting done...
oh well... today's a new day!  

oh and the numbers 1 and 10...
It was 1 DEGREES here this morning... flipping COLD
AND
there are ONLY 10 more days... TEN DAYS... until Christmas!
yowzers!

hAppY MoNdAy... 
BIG move 'em & shake week here... RIGHT HERE at our feet!
Wishing you loads of successful shaking!
:)

10 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

that is amazing!!! our little snowfall was just warming the skies up for your big blizzard!!! one degree??? i cannot even comprehend what in the world that feels like...did it take getting use to after living in texas??? i wouldn't know the first thing to do with snow except take pictures!!

happy monday back at ya! your handy is featured on my post this morning! i absolutely love it!! i still have your blessings card on my bar counter so everytime i'm in there, which is quite a bit, i think of you & your sweetness:)

Bella Della said...

It is in the 60's here today in central VA and I am so jealous of your snow and cold temps. I get excited like that when I see it too!

Simply Me... said...

we too also have snow but we live in michigan! but oh i wish i was there! give those little gals a big o' hug tell them it's from me, Oh will you please...

love ya...

Anonymous said...

1!! I don't think my body could take it. It was 40 here today and that was way too cold for me.

I LOVE the blue coat picture. LOVE. And those pink snow boats are too sweet.

Lulu and Co. said...

Oh yippy! It looks like so much fun... my kids would be going nuts too! Hope it comes our way by Christmas!!!! Pictures are just darling.... cute as buttons they are.... sounds like a wonderful weekend.
Oh my goodness I best get wrapping 10 left....

sara said...

Great and beautiful pictures, as always!!!!

Gordostyle said...

The girlies sure look like they were having an absolute blast! I remember when snow meant that to me! :o) Now I like to be cozied up inside watching it fall from the warmth of the indoors!

Smiles & Snowflakes!
Jen

Rachel said...

I love the pictures....and the snowman too cute!

I am sure she was quite proud of her lil snow angel!!!

I want to be in Colorado now and enjoy the snow with you!

meg duerksen said...

adorable pictures.
and girls. :)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! Am I this behind on commenting on your posts?!? Shame on me!! ~Jill :) It's Facebook's fault.