8.05.2008

2 little wild monkeys



yesterday was a bit of a blur!

Jumping on the bed... before bed...
does make their hair dry faster! :)

It was over 100 degrees and we were
out & about running errands yesterday!

Target was nuts...
i think every mom in town decided
on the same day to go get school supplies!
It was actually fun in a crazy kind of way.
I did have to ask another mom what a
"steno pad" was... I had no idea!
Do you have a hard time letting your
kids pick the folders/notebooks they want?
Confession...
i want her to pick what i think is cute!
I'm SO bad!
I'm all about steering her away from the
kittens & onto the polka dots & stripes!
bad mama!

So... here's to a super Tuesday!
I'm off to chase down my little monkeys!

6 comments:

Simply Me... said...

Okay, 100 degrees! it's about 85 here and very humid I hate it... I'm so ready for fall! Hope all is well and see you soon. Love Ya!
Lanny:)

melissa ellen parker said...

That post reminds me of when I was little...jumping around didn't make my hair dry any faster either.

Hope you're having a fun week. She'll thank you for steering her towards the polka dots and stripes when she gets a bit older. I feel your pain - not necessarily with my own kids since I don't have them - but with the siblings and everything!

Dancing Queen said...

yep...we're heading to Target in just a bit to get our supplies! i love, LOVE brand new school supplies...i'll never do the order ahead of time version through the school...i enjoy picking them out w/ the kids! it'll be jack's first time, so it'll be interesting to see what he wants, although for folders, they ask for specific colors on the list...NO FUN!

Trish said...

I try not to interfere, because what I learned is that when I pick it out it's not cool to other kids, but when the kids pick their own supplies and backpacks all the the other kids love it. I know it shouldn't matter, but my daughter especially likes it when she has items that her classmates admire.

Christine said...

ahhhhh I thought I was the only mom whom did that! hehe... bad mommies.. :)

Gordostyle said...

I'm SO that way too and I have a boy, which makes it WAY worse I think. Here's me: No, I don't like Hulk, go for the green and cream polka dots! Luckily, he doesn't listen - because he'd be made fun of for the rest of his life if he did! :o)

Smiles,
Jen