8.11.2008

btw... all the cookies are gone

From going to Rifle to see the falls...
having lunch in the Palisades
some tennis with the hubby...
a picnic in the park with the kiddos...
watching the Olympics opening ceremony...
our weekend was just right!

Did YOU see the opening ceremonies?
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!
Was that not the most amazing thing EVER?!?

My mother-in-law is in town
for a visit from Indianapolis...
you can always tell she is here
when the sprinkles start flying and
the cookie baking begins...
always fun when she is around.

they ACTUALLY shared a stool for a moment

rolling out the dough

yummo

rubbing flour on her face...
they weren't MESSY enough


look at her naughty grin...
she had just puffed flour all over her face

a big storm blew in as we were
having dinner outside Friday night...
do you see the hail...
some in the area saw two inch hail! yikes!

we got licky...
an hour later...
a beautiful rainbow!

This time next week...
SCHOOL!!!
My big girl will be in first grade!
Does school start the 18th for you too?

Here's to the last Monday of this summer!
Enjoy!

7 comments:

Dancing Queen said...

I will be having Olympics hangovers for the next 2 weeks...I LOVE 'EM!! The opening ceremony was awesome!! Did you see the swimming relay last night...now that was WAY COOL!

Actually, we have today & next Monday still...we start Aug. 25th...THANK GOODNESS! Although, I'm already busy doing preschool board prep & PTA board prep, so to me, it's pretty much done:(

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

OH MY WORD... the swimming relay WAS way cool! incredible moment! he worked a miracle that last leg!

i can't wait for tonight! :)

Simply Me... said...

Howdy Miss C looks like you had a great week-end and boy do those cookies look good! cookies are one of my downfalls! did you get my e-mail and my voice mail? give me a price gf! pretty please!
bye for now, Lanny:)

Cheryl said...

You did get lucky with that pretty rainbow...and school starts the 25th for us...my sweet girl will be going into pk-4...I am so sad!!!

Honorary Indian said...

Yep, we start the 25th, too. Still, it's flown by way too quickly.

Love your beautiful little bakers!

And that rainbow shot?! Spectacular. Definitely a shot God meant for you to capture and to share with us.

CourtneyP said...

How cute. I hope the cookies were good. My kids loved the opening ceremonies. We start the week after next and I am feeling a bit sad at the thought of an empty house. My youngest starts kindergarden.

Heidi Zawisza said...

My son started school on the 4th!! Can you believe that??
Anyways, your girls are absolutely adorable!