2.13.2008

way back... wednesday

Back when... I was just shy of six and my sister was four. Now... just get over the fact that we look like a couple ragamuffins... we had just been playing outside in the rain! Oh those we the days! We would play outside ALL day... we would be so dissapointed once it was dark... time to go inside.

These pictures... even though they are not good quality & have spills on them... are my favorites! I treasure them now! When I look at them I can almost take myself back to the innocent... silly... moment we were having... this was a GREAT moment in our childhood!

My sister and I... wow... we used to fight SO badly! Really fight! Hit... kick... jump on each other... hit each other over the head with hair brushes... oh yes! It almost kills me to think about that now. We would make my mama nuts! I can remember it just like it was yesterday... she would grab her head "you girls are making me crazy"! NOW let's flash forward thirty or so years... I now grab my head and say "you girls are making me crazy"! Full circle... life! Memories!

Now I need to run & play with my little ragamuffins! We have valentines to make... yes I'm running behind... still IN time though!

Here's to making today a silly... innocent fun... kind of day!

5 comments:

meg duerksen said...

so sweet.
we have similar ones of my sister and i...and now of my 2 youngest girls.
full circle.

i don't know if i'd want to see myself with fresh eyes.
that's a scary thought to me.

have a wonderful day skipping around your house!
-meg

CourtneyP said...

That is the best feeling, to see a photo and have it take you back to that very moment. How lucky for you to have been able to have such a treasure.

Trish said...

The hairbrush was the weapon of choice for my sister and I as well. Another favorite was the "accidental spit upon" while brushing our teeth together before bedtime. We are best friends now, but there still are days I'd like to whack her with a hairbrush.

melissa ellen parker said...

HAHAHAHA! TOO TOO ADORABLE. Now I know where your girls get it.

:)

Gypsy at Heart said...

How sweet these photographs of you and your sister and what a 'make me remember moments like this myself' kind of post. I enjoyed it terribly.