9.08.2008

a bucking good time...

at the rodeo!

Nonny & Poppy (my dad & step-mom)
were in town from Bulverde TX...
so what better than to go see some
good 'ol boy fun
on a Saturday afternoon!

make sure to click & enlarge...
i think they're better bigger!

her pink boots... a must

Nonny & Riley

all american kiddo

perfect setting

hold on cowboy

"did you see that guy's chaps"

"where are the cowgirls"

giddy up horsey

bull riding

saddle broncing

miss priss

bareback broncing

calf roping

whoa!

get off of me

big 'ol bull

cuter than the calves

run little one... run

Nonny & Poppy
just headed out...
sooooo hard to see them leave...
to say goodbye...

ugh... I just hate being so far
away from my family!
i miss the good 'ol state of Texas...
i miss being a (reasonable) car drive away...
i miss them so!

Now... to hold onto
all the laughs we just shared...
until we get to see them again!

Mighty God...
keep them safe...
angels surround them...
Your grace be upon them...
as they travel back home!

7 comments:

Simply Me... said...

Very sweet! Glad to see you had a great time while they were here! Happy Monday :0)

Amy said...

You got some GREAT shots of the rodeo. You live out in the desert just like me...aren't those hillsides just amazing to look at?

You better make sure your hubby has the shotgun...those girls are stunning! Adorable! Love her glasses...very chic!

Honorary Indian said...

There are many of us who adore you here in Texas...BOTH family and those of us who've never even met you in person...

Bulverde...that's in my backyard...maybe I've shopped at HEB with Nonny & Poppy and I didn't even realize it...

XO!

April said...

Super fun time...we do not have a lot of rodeos around here...but I think I need to search one out.

I agree....much cuter than the calves !!

Glad you made some wonderful memories....family is the BEST !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nonny and Poppy!! So special they they were able to come and visit!! I know they enjoyed a nice cool Colorado vacation. I want to come visit one day... even if it is just me, all by myself. :) ~Jill

melissa ellen parker said...

awww this was so sweet.

one of my closest friends is moving to TX this month. Her soon to be hubby is in flight school with the NAVY.

I'm going to send her on over to you so she can admire your love of TX!

There's no place like home!

Hipmomofboyz said...

OMG, you know that Bulverde is right around the corner from me....My Hubby has a dinner meeting in Bulverde at the COW CATCHERS tonight,,,,,
small world