9.28.2008

"the sound of freedom"...

was what i heard from a man sitting behind us!
wOw... SO well said!

Our Saturday at the air show WAS filled with
pride... awe... and inspiration!

make sure to click to enlarge...



US Army Golden Knights


a truly incredible man who
after losing use of his legs says
"since i cannot walk i must FLY"

F-15 Eagle


AT-6 "Texan"
most widely used advanced trainer
in WW II and Korean Conflict


look for the gutsy lady on the wing of the plane...

on the plane... that is UPSIDE DOWN...

ON TOP of the plane... flipping herself over


the amazing Blue Angels...





Shockwave Jet Truck
accelerates from zero to 300 mph in 11 seconds...
FAST!


I must say...
even though I think I'm kind of a girly girl...
this was bold... LOUD... exhilarating fun!

9 comments:

Hipmomofboyz said...

How cool is that....Makes me proud to be an American when I see that.....

Krista said...

i LOVE watching the blue angels!! how fun!!

Carin said...

awesome pics!

I'm always so inspired by stories like that. people who turn lemons into lemonade and are determined to make their life great.

Dancing Queen said...

those are AMAZING pictures!! looks like you had great weather & a great time!

MamaMia said...

Super cool pictures!! I wish I was there.

Honorary Indian said...

My dad was in the Air Force. He took us to air shows yearly when I was younger, and even at a young age my heart would swell with pride for our country and for those who defended our freedom.

So much that I spent my freshman year in college in the Air Force ROTC planning on joining the military as an AF nurse.

Thanks for reminding me how much my kids would enjoy this now. Gotta check out when the next one is comin' to town!

Angie Seaman said...

Awesome pictures girl. I love those. Looks like an impeccable day. One of those "glad to be alive" days with a perfect back drop. :)

sara said...

Great pics of those jets!!!! Fun!

melissa ellen parker said...

I love the blue angels! Chris was in an F14 squadron for a long time. When we were stationed at NAS Oceana we'd head over to the air shows. I saw that truck once and the trick plane. It was sooooo exciting! I always loved it. I would sometimes just go over and drop lunch off to Chris just so I could see the pilots doing their touch and goes in those super fast Tomcats!