9.30.2008

wild ones...

that's what they are...


earlier this summer... a wild tomato plant
sprouted out of the ground at our house!

The house we live in was just built before
we moved in... we're thinking maybe with the
strong winds here... some seeds blew over
and they sowed themselves right in a perfect spot.
Must have been just right because we never
noticed it until it grew these lovelies.
We do not know much... in fact nothing about
growing veggies... we just leave it be...
let nature foster it... it continues to produce.

we think it is pretty neat!

the girls love to pick em...
i love to eat em!
pinch of olive oil & some s&p... glorious!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh... I'm a tomato freak!! Love them!! I wish I could just walk over next door and eat some with you. Come to my blog and sign my yearbook. :) hee hee

Gordostyle said...

How cool is that?!

Smiles,
Jen

Anonymous said...

that is the best kind of tomato plant. One that u don' t know is there but still bears great fruit. I would kill it. I have been able to keep a basil plant alive for over a month!

TERI said...

A little surprise package! What a blessing. Isn't funny how people either LOVE or HATE the tomato? I LOVE them!

Liz Harrell said...

A WILD tomato plant? I'm so jealous. :)

Simply Me... said...

Yum, I'll take one and wash it and stand over the sink tomato in one hand and salt in the other!

Lanny

Gini said...

Don't even tell me those are the very best tasting tomatoes you have ever had, because that would just freak me out! The Miracle Tomato Plant.....how awesome. A little gift from God....nice!

Dancing Queen said...

lucky, lucky you!! i LOVE me some matas...

i bet they taste de-lish!

MamaMia said...

A little gift from God.

They look tasty.

Beth said...

You lucky girl......I love tomatoes! My kids still love to pick them every time we go to grandmas!